How to Make Room for God, Pt. 2
In sort of the order I found them:
- Christianne Squires over at Still Forming has been blogging a whole series on Living a Rhythmed Life which I have been thoroughly enjoying;
- and then, just as I was wondering if I needed to totally redo my schedule, or just declare them guidelines for when I drift toward distractions instead of intentions, along comes Jennifer Lee at Getting Down with Jesus with her beautiful post and images on "...The Truth About Our Plans"
- which got me to finally articulate in writing what I'd been sharing in a few conversations here and there in "How To Make Time for God"
And the blog posts just kept coming, even after I'd written the post (if not quite posted it) ...
- While browsing through A Holy Experience's link list for last week's Walk with Him Wednesdays, Kelli at Living for One wrote about what it's like to clean one's life plate
- and still browsing the link list, Glorious Within shared "Life on God's Timing".
- Rachel Held Evans wrote about her real week vs. her ideal week (riffing off another blogger, Michael Hyatt, whose post on an ideal week calendar is linked in the Evans post).
- AND, after I posted my post on this, a reader directed me to Jeanne Oliver's blog post about being still and listening to God. There's definitely something in the water, folks.
And here are other blog posts of note this past month:
- Ann Voskamp at A Holy Experience gifts us with a printable called "Pick 1 Before You Click" and also her beautiful video "Figuring Life Out"
- Jennifer at You Are My Girls writes beautifully of God's unbounded love even in our darkest moments
- Evan McBroom of Fishhook talking about God's calling (and ditches).
- Carolyn Custis James guest-posts at Rachel Held Evans on the women in Jesus' genealogy.
- Jennifer Lee from Getting Down With Jesus guest-posts on A Holy Experience. It's just beautiful.
- and for fun from the BBC, Cheltenham vicar breathes fire during Pentecost service. Not something you usually see in an Anglican service...
What are some good blog posts you've read lately?