|yes, this view.|
- become present (via prayer, breathing, etc)
- read it (noting the phrase or word that leaps out),
- read it again (ditto)
- read it a third time (ditto). The reading can be aloud, or silent. I've listened to meditations where it is read for me.
- Ponder why this word or phrase resonates -- what images and stories come up? (This is where any knowledge about the quote in context (audience, history of the time, what it might have meant to that audience to hear this) usually comes into play for me, but if I don't know, I don't got to look it up at this point.) Tell God about it.
- Listen to God's response (which means ceasing the chatter)
- Thank God for the time together.
- And at this point I usually journal and/or sketch something
If you would like to join in, head over to Jennifer's blog to download the printables.
I'll be blogging my reflections, as part of an accountability practice, but it might not be the whole journaling session, and it certainly won't be first thing in the morning -- 'cause that means getting on the computer! I'll also link back to Jennifer's reflections for the day. There are going to be days where I don't hear God, and I'll share those too.
You're welcome to join in -- and if you'd like the accountability but don't want to share how the session went, that's fine too!