God's Love Stories ... listening and loving
While I do have, in some measure, kindness and empathy, it is seasons like the one we're currently in where I wish I had it to the extent that it is a superpower: Empathy Girl. (See, I already have a name for it, and I am longing to do a portrait of her too.)
The articles I've found are about coming together as human beings to love and care for one another.
First, though, I highly recommend this Meditation When the World is Falling Apart by Christianne Squires at Still Forming. It is a beautiful thing.
- How to Listen when you Disagree: A Lesson from the Republican National Convention at Urban Confessional
- Hospitality and the Secret Power of Weakness by Micha Boyett at Grace Table
- Holy Spirit and Holy Empathy by Scott Gun at Seven Whole Days, a lovely reflection on how things went down at the recent Anglican Church of Canada synod
- Send Forgiveness Viral, a video by Whaleed Aly of The Project (it's a Facebook video so I hope the link works). The Project is an Australian TV news/entertainment show.
- Blessing When the World is Ending by Jan Richardson at The Painted Prayerbook
- I Said Yes, Now I'm Burying Children by Joshua Case at Medium is what happens when a church is called to live into its name of Holy Innocents
- A Sermon on Why its the Parable of the Merciful Samaritan and not the Parable of the Robbers by Nadia Bolz Weber at Patheos
- Pokemon Go and the Sacraments by Jeffrey Wallace at God in All Things
And for some light-hearted, Pokemon-Go related fun, have you seen this video by Deena Blizzard called Chardonnay Go? (also a Facebook video)