Number 19 in 52 Portraits/Weeks

Recently, I was invited to a weekend challenge. It's a newsletter you have to subscribe to at Olga Furman Art.

We were all given the same reference photo and a time limit of an hour. I am telling you now that I blew through that.

Because I spent a little time on Friday to sketch a simple outline. Which I did on a page that I painted leftover paint from the last portrait I did. And I forgot to take a photo. Oops. It was a busy weekend.

I didn't get a chance to sit down and work on it until Monday night. I used black acrylic ink, muted rose Liquitex ink over the background and Dr. Ph Martin's bleed proof white ink. This part took about an hour, until the timer ran out, anyway, and I was in the middle of trying to fix an overworked chest area. (Ahem.)

Here she is before a little more tweaking (and the ink still drying)

And here is the scan after tweaking and everything has dried. I have figured out to use PhotoShop Elements' adjustment layers to work on the vibrancy of the paint that my scanner takes out (as the background was that color palette with the flourescents mixed in).

Now to decide on my next portrait. I am now three weeks ahead of myself which is nice padding for when I work the High Holy Days.


Popular posts from this blog

Where Bloggers Create Party II: My Room 2010 (with lots of pictures)

Where Bloggers Create Party!

Where Bloggers Create 2015